Deutz screen saver for the diesel heads

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 09, 2008 at 00:24
ThreadID: 61509 Views:3212 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Thought this might be of interest to a few of you. Not sure if anyone has seen this before. I noticed it running on the laptop of a marine surveyor that is visiting our ship.

It shows a (rotating) 3 dimensional DOHC 4 cylinder engine being completely assembled from a bare casting, even showing all the bolts tightening. When the assembly is complete, it shows the working engine (in slow motion) but with a transparent block, it zooms in to show an individual cylinder running through all 4 strokes.

He got it when he visited the factory a while ago, but it seems you can get it on the net.

Really cool, and great detail. You can watch the video of it at you tube, and I found a copy of the screen saver as well, but it is 40 meg (am downloading over the ships satellite internet now .. 3.25 hours).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZF6BZeWvUw

Screen Saver (much better resolution than you tube):

http://www.waygrinding.com/Motor_Download.htm

Perhaps Nissan should do a version ... with their own twist at the end where your screen explodes in a shower of shards, twisted metal and plumes of smoke.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: fisho64 - Tuesday, Sep 09, 2008 at 01:15

Tuesday, Sep 09, 2008 at 01:15
we've got DEUTZ's in our vessel but they are certainly not DOHC!! 79000 hours!
AnswerID: 324478

Follow Up By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Tuesday, Sep 09, 2008 at 09:37

Tuesday, Sep 09, 2008 at 09:37
When we were in NZ over Christmas we saw a Deutz truck that had been converted into a camper vehicle. It looked very capable but big. Looked like it had come from Europe and was travelling the world.
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 591577

Reply By: toyocrusa - Tuesday, Sep 09, 2008 at 07:03

Tuesday, Sep 09, 2008 at 07:03
Hi. Is that a spark plug or a glow plug in the centre of the combustion chamber. Hard to tell on the yutube clip but looks like it could be a petrol engine. Also has some sort of turbo on the inlet side. Haven't seen that before.Most unusual.Thanks,Bob.(Seems like we've got the "server error"problem back this morning.)
AnswerID: 324481

Sponsored Links